April 30 – May 3, 2015 at Metropolitan Park
Have you ever wanted to visit a foreign country? We have your passport ready! The City of Jacksonville and local multicultural friends will bring the world to you with this fascinating cultural destination that showcases the unique diversity of our planet, and puts the wonderful sights, sounds, and tastes of different nations within your reach. So pack your bags and bring your family, friends and neighbors to Metropolitan Park for an exciting adventure around the world!
2015 participating countries include:
More Weekend Activities
Saturday, May 2
Naturalization Ceremony, 10:30 a.m.
Witness the commemorative ceremony as people from all regions of the globe are sworn in as United States citizens.
Taste the World – VIP Experience, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The VIP Taste, a new element at the 2015 World of Nations Celebration, will consist of tapas plates, cultural beer and wine selection. The cost of the VIP Tasting Experience will be $15.00 per person. The fee will include entry into the park, live entertainment, and the tasting experience.
For more information, click here
Sunday, May 3
Parade of Flags, 2 p.m.
Don’t miss the inspirational Parade of Flags on Saturday as representatives from each country proudly carry their native flag. Dressed in authentic traditional clothing, they offer a greeting in their native language to represent the many cultures of our world.
Saturday, May 2 & Sunday, May 3 Activities
A World of Entertainment
Experience rich traditions, beautiful customs and intriguing talents from many countries. See dragons dance, hear new music for the first time, listen to fascinating storytellers and maybe even learn to folk dance! The possibilities are endless! Times and performances vary.
Passport to the World
No trip around the world would be official without a passport! As you arrive at the World of Nations Celebration, be sure to pick up your Passport to the World. Each country will officially stamp your passport as you explore and learn about each destination along your journey. Passports can be turned in to the Passport to the World booth for a chance to win fabulous prizes.
- A pair of tickets to Adventure Landing
- A pair of tickets to see the Jacksonville Suns in action
- A gift card to receive a dozen doughnuts every month for a year at Krispy Kreme
- A pair of tickets to the Jacksonville Symphony Masterworks, Pops, Coffee or Matinee Series Concert
- A pair of tickets to the IMAX Theater at the World Golf Village
Passes to visit the Tree Hill Nature Center
- VIP passes to The St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum, Colonial Quarter and First Colony
- Kid Friendly Goodie Basket from The Jacksonville Landing
- Autographed football by the Jacksonville Sharks
- 4 passes to the Lightner Museum
- Family Fun Pass admission valid for up to 4 people to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
- $25 Gift certificate to Beach Diner
- 1 Auto Pass Huguenot/Hanna Park
- Family 4-Pack to the Jacksonville Zoo
- Family membership to The Cummer Museum
- 1 Family Admission Pass for the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum
- 1 Family Pass for the Red Train Tours in St. Augustine
- 4 Single Admission Tickets to Wild Adventures Theme Park
- 6 tickets (4 adult, 2 youth) to Ponce de Leon’s World Famous Fountain of Youth
USA featuring Entertainment in America: Stop by the USA area for a variety of activities and information about all things entertainment! Past and present music, film, dance and more will be showcased in the USA pavilion. A voting station will also be available to vote for your favorite World of Nations Celebration country.
Taste the rich flavors from each country pavilion as local multicultural groups and vendors serve up delectable dishes from around the world.
Here is a just a sampling of what you may find:
Umdambi from South Africa; Pad Tai from Cambodia; Egg Rolls from China; Churros from Cuba; Empanadas from Ecuador; Kann (sugar cane) from Haiti; Tandoori Chicken from India; Cannoli from Italy; Grape Leaves from Lebanon; Quesadillas from Mexico; Ceviche from Panama; Causa Rellena de Atun from Peru; Lumpia from the Philippines; Kielbasa from Poland; Arepa from Puerto Rico; Man-doo from South Korea; Paella from Spain, Chicken Lo Mein from Taiwan; Baklava from Turkey; Hamburgers and Hot Dogs from USA; Tequenos from Venezuela; Lemon Grass Chicken from Vietnam and much more!
Shopping around the world has never been easier! Each country pavilion has a variety of unique crafts, jewelry, clothing, instruments, accessories and special products that represent their culture.