SCORPIO: November 19-25

Many people use the terms “cement” and “concrete” interchangeably, but they’re not the same. Cement is powdery stuff composed of limestone, gypsum, clay with alumino-silicate, and other ingredients. It’s just one of the raw materials used to make concrete – usually no more than 15 percent of the total mass. The rest is sand, crushed stone and water. It’s a good metaphor to keep in mind. If you want to create a durable thing to last as long as concrete, don’t get overly preoccupied with the “cement” at the expense of the other 85 percent of the stuff you need.

About EU Jacksonville

october, 2021

X
X