After a successful debut in March 2011 to sold out crowds, the Jacksonville Fashion Week (JFW) team is working hard to produce an unforgettable event for 2012. The second annual JFW is scheduled to take place March 28-31 2012, in venues throughout the city showcasing local and national designer collections.
Fashion week no longer just takes place in large markets like NY, LA and Miami. Hybrids of those mentioned are popping up all over the country to give local and regional designers a platform to showcase their talents at a fraction of the cost. “Supporting this breed of up-and-coming talent while drawing attention to our coastal town’s potential and promise is the goal of Jacksonville Fashion Week,” said Tiffany Hager, founder and CEO of JFW.
For its 2012 event, JFW has aligned its efforts with several community organizations to broaden its reach locally and grow its tourism appeal. Those groups include Visit Jacksonville, Downtown Vision, Fashion Group International of North Florida, Junior League of Jacksonville and Florida Public Relations Association Jacksonville chapter. “Jacksonville Fashion Week is a complete community effort. From the volunteers, backstage team and models to the designers, partners and sponsors that support this production, we are looking at well over 100 individuals and countless hours to pull this off,” added Hager.
Designers aren’t the only ones who benefit from JFW. A portion of all proceeds suppoet Jacksonville-based organization Dignity U Wear Foundation, Inc. to help improve the lives of children and families by supplying new clothes, all over the country, at no cost during crucial times of need. Recently, actor and producer Mark Wahlberg also joined the organization by being named its national spokesman.
JFW 2012 Schedule:
• Saturday, March 10th – Pre-celebration at SAKS FIFTH AVENUE OFF 5TH in St. Augustine, Fla. from 6-9pm
• Wednesday, March 28th – JFW kick-off with a Fashion Panel Discussion and Networking event at Maggiano’s / St. Johns Town Center from 6-9pm
• Thursday, March 29th – Runway Shows featuring an emerging designer showcase and presenting designers at Metropolitan Park from 7-10pm
• Friday, March 30th – Runway Shows presented by designers at Metropolitan Park from 7-10pm
• Saturday, March 31st – NEW for 2012! Bridal Show presented by two national designers and brunch at Epping Forest Yacht Club from 11am-1pm
• Saturday, March 31st – Official JFW Wrap Party hosted by Suite Nightclub from 8-10pm