"Business casual" has ruined Father's Day gift-giving for many lazy offspring who can no longer rely on the last-minute, go-to necktie. (Unfortunately, my brother and I didn't even have that option since our dad never wore a tie to work. Our fall-back gift was a Hickory Farms summer sausage gift box).
Dads also get gypped in the present department because their children probably spent their last penny/ounce of creativity on a Mother's Day gift. So this year, I've made a concerted effort to give Pops something: 1) he actually wants, 2) is available close to home and 3) won't raise his cholesterol.
Here are 30 of my picks in a variety of price ranges. And you're welcome.
Big bucks: NASCAR driving experience at Daytona International Speedway ($549+)
Bargain : Go-kart driving at Adventure Landing ($7)
Big bucks: Round of golf at TPC Sawgrass with a caddie (+$350)
Bargain: Round of glow-in-the-dark/3-D miniature golf at Batt Family Fun Center
Big bucks: Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 new logo helmet ($319.95)
Bargain: Jacksonville Jaguars football player toothbrush ($5.95)
Big bucks: "The Sports Classic" massage and body scrub at The Spa at Ponte Vedra Inn and Club ($215+)
Bargain: manicure at Parisian Spa Institute aka Parisian Beauty School ($8)
Big bucks: Chef's adventure at Matthew's with wine pairings ($125 per person)
Bargain: Rib sandwich paired with sweet tea ($9) from Jenkins Quality Barbecue
10 under $50
1. Cooking class at Publix Apron's Cooking School ($40+)
2. Historic pub crawl in St. Augustine ($39)
3. Old City Helicopters tour of North Beach ($39)
4. "Adopted" animal at the Jacksonville Zoo ($35+)
5. The GodFATHER's Day Film and Feast at Sun-Ray Cinema ($30)
6. Old-fashioned neck shave at The Art of Shaving ($35+)
7. "High-speed expedition" on El Conquistador Speed Boat … More