On September 10, the Gainesville Police Department night crew turned the temperature waaayyy up on Facebook by posting this:
The internet went wild. Some of our favorite comments:
"...as if Florida wasn't already wet enough."
"I can't believe how many women are objectifying these poor, fine, young, strong, handsome, brave, sexy, delicious, virile, ovulation-inducing, mouth-watering, beefy..... I can't remember where I was going with this..."
"These guys really change the meaning of the song "F@ck the Police...""
"But who will protect these guys from an impending Cougar attack?"
A glorious time was had by all and GPD got deep into the fun. Whoever does their social media deserves a major award, cause this update had us at UP:
1. We are dying with the comments. You've actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your "incident"
6. There WILL be a calendar."
But now, a question: Whose officers are hotter? Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has laid down some pretty stiff competition in this category.
Exhibit A, B, and C you tonight:
JSO Sergeant Billy Irvin, whom you may recall from a few months back, is dripping wet in this photo because he just legit SAVED A WOMAN'S LIFE in the St. Johns River.
We vote JSO--nothing against those fine young officers from Gainesville, but Irvin has that 'fresh from an act of heroism' thang we just can't resist. And he's a homer.
BUT we'd love to see more evidence. More