One Spark, Take Two
Dates, new leader, more prizes and bigger capital investments announced
One Spark will hold its second crowdfunding festival in Downtown Jacksonville April 9-14, 2014, with updated categories, larger prizes and millions in capital investments.
Changes for 2014 include:
- Art, innovation, music, science and technology are the updated creator categories.
- The prize structure includes a $200,000 guaranteed crowdfund distributed solely on public vote, $10,000 bonuses awarded to the top project in each category, five $10,000 juried prizes, and immediate individual contributions from attendees.
- Millions in capital investments will be available for One Spark creators from private investors and equity firms.
- A more walkable, concentrated footprint that will include 20 square blocks.
- More voting and information kiosks locations.
The co-founder and executive director of One Spark, Elton Rivas, will turn over the day-to-day management of One Spark to Joe Sampson, who served a director of field operations for the inaugural 2013 festival.
Rivas will continue in an advisory capacity while serving as present of the One Spark board of directors.