Ask anyone who's ever seen NBC’s “The Biggest Loser" who Jillian Michaels is and chances are they’ll say something like “the really mean trainer.” Some might even describe her as … a “B” word.
What’s funny is that Michaels is actually quite pleasant, warm and easy to talk to. And she doesn’t even think of herself as a personal trainer; she considers herself a life coach, hence her Maximize Your Life Tour, which she brings to the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts.
In this “intimate and uniquely personal evening,” Michaels will discuss topics like living in your truth, redefining your self-image and improving confidence, creating a winning attitude, build willpower and, of course, losing weight and getting in the best shape of your life.
“So many people hate their jobs. They dread getting out of bed. They’re barely able to pay their bills. They ask themselves ‘Is this all there is?’” she said in a recent phone interview. “I know this because I’ve been there, and I want to help you to connect with your passion and learn to believe in yourself!”
And here are some things you might be surprised to learn about Michaels.
- She’s only 5’2”.
- Other than on "The Biggest Loser," you’ll never catch her in spandex at the gym: sweats only.
- Her guilty pleasure is chocolate, especially brownies and truffles.
- She has 952,074 followers on Twitter: More than twice as many as TBL coach Bob Harper.
- In eighth grade, she weighed 175 pounds.
- She lives in jeans but has been known to sport designer duds and accessories from Michael Kors, Burberry, Alexander McQueen and Jason Wu.
- Her traveling companion is her parrot, mostly because the bird hates everyone but her and can’t be left with the pet sitter.
- In 2002, she opened Sky Sport & Spa with fellow trainer cum reality TV star Jackie Warner of Bravo’s “Work Out.”
- She is godmother to Vanessa Marcil and Brian Austin Green’s son Kassius.